Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sweet Memories



Yesterday I stumbled upon a few packs of old cover buttons in my work room. I quickly grabbed them and sat down on the floor surrounded by scrap fabric and made some cover button stud earrings. As I started putting the fabric onto the cover buttons I remembered my first time making them years ago. I remember being at my grandmother's house and she was telling me about a jacket she was making for a young handicapped child who loved George Washington. The jacket needed old fashioned Gold buttons so that it would look just like the one worn by George Washington. We sat down at her table with scrap gold fabric and she showed me just how big to cut the circles and how to put them together. I felt so important being able to help. Just thought I'd share with you all one of the many sewing/crafting memories that I've shared with my Grandma.

Be sure to check out the Earrings in my etsy shop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment